Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Look of Love



We have officially been married for 3 weeks and one day. It seems like it happened years ago, which I know sounds odd - but I feel like I've been with Chris forever. I can't remember not being with him. Our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife was wonderful - we had delicious food (thanks mom!), wonderful company and a lot to be thankful for. We are truly blessed. We were sad that we couldn't get to Florence to be with the Hughes' - but look forward to seeing them at Christmas.

We also celebrated the marriage of Jenn and Neal yesterday, 11/28/09. Jenn has been my best friend for close to 10 years and was the maid of honor at our wedding. I was so excited to return the favor. We had a GREAT time! Jenn and Neal chose a song by Brad Pasley called "Then" (well, I think it's called "Then" - not much of a country fan) - during the song, I looked up and saw Chris looking right at me - and started to cry. I had held it together pretty much the whole day but lost it - it was such a wonderful moment, looking out in a crowded room and seeing his smiling face. Marriage is difficult but I strive to hold on to many memories such as these - they will help me through the hard times I'm sure. I've been to many weddings but this was my first as a wife myself. I know it sounds silly, but it made me remember why I love and married Chris 3 weeks ago - I look forward to many more weddings in our future!

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Harris!!!!! You are a beautiful couple and we wish for you only the very best! *Even if you ARE UT fans!!!!*

1 comment:

  1. "Then" is such a beautiful song! It's on my short list of first dance songs. :)

    ReplyDelete