Thursday, November 12, 2009

In the beginning......





When I (Blaire) decided to begin this blog, I thought, "hmmmmm....where should I start?" I feel there is oh so much to tell about Chris and I. I guess the best way to begin is at the beginning!

Chris and I met in the Summer of 2008. Immediately upon meeting him, I just knew he was it. Anyone who has been around Chris for more than 2 minutes knows that he is just the best. Pretty soon, we began dating. Our second date was at my brother's wedding (no joke!) I look back at that now and think, "What in the world was I thinking???? And why didn't Chris run away, screaming, when I asked him?????" That was certainly his trial by fire. He met pretty much everyone in my family, both extended and nuclear. They all loved him - more than me, I think. In December of 2008, we were engaged - well, it was a pre-engagement, as Chris calls it. In January of 2009, we were for real engaged! We were married November 7, 2009 in a beautiful ceremony surrounded by our most beloved friends and family.

Chris was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 14 years ago - and has lived beautifully ever since. His strength is astounding and continues to amaze me each day. I know that there are times when it hurts him emotionally to be different - but I love it. It has made him the wonderful person he is today. It is something that we strive to look at as positive instead of negative. Chris makes an excellent purse carrier in his chair, not to mention he can really clear a path at Wal-mart :] When we were planning our wedding, I looked for information concerning weddings involving wheelchairs and came up with bupkis. So we decided to try and do some creative things with his chair to share with the world (how our goal will be accomplished remains to be seen - still, it's there!) Our story may be different than most married couples - which makes us unique, just like everyone else.

I hope that our blog will become a source of inspiration. In the meantime, we hope it will serve as a way to keep up to date with our loved ones. Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment