Friday, November 13, 2009

Decking our halls

This Christmas will be the first that Chris and I spend as husband and wife. It's so exciting! But I have to admit a bit daunting as well. I want our home to look welcoming and Christmas-y, but there are so many choices!!!!!!! Do we do metallics? Or stick to red and green? Should we use snowmen? Reindeer? Santa? What should are stockings look like? How tall should our tree be? How should we decorate our mantle??????? There are so many options! Our living room has a definite gold undertone so I think we are going to lean towards some metallic colors. I was also considering a whimsical feel - although that's easier said than done as well. Who knew being a married adult would come with so much decorative pressure!!! I think we're going to go look for a Christmas tree this weekend - which is another sticking point. We want a beautiful tree but don't want to break the bank!!!! I think we'll start at K-mart. It needs to be pre-lit - that will help a lot. Of course, the question of where we store it comes to mind as well........but we'll worry about that sometime in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment