Friday, November 20, 2009

Can you live without your gall bladder?

Today Chris and I are headed to Clarksville Imagining so that I can have a CT scan. There may be something up with my gall bladder. I have had this nauseated feeling for at least two weeks which is apparently a sign that something's up. When I went in yesterday, the Doc said that it could be my gall bladder and if it was, it was going to have to come out. Truth time: I have no clue what a gall bladder even is. I think I though pancreas at first and freaked out - I KNOW that your pancreas is important! I had to make sure one can live without your gall bladder before consenting to have mine removed. This seems like the logical first step.

I hope all goes well today. I almost hope it IS my gall bladder - if it's not, that means I'll need more tests, which isn't fun at all.

Trey turns 26 today - wow!!!!!!! I'm lucky to have a such a great brother!


***UPDATE: on 11/30/2009 - I received notification that my gall bladder is doing just fine - so I guess it'll stick around for a while longer. I'm still not feeling 100%, but am planning on returning to the doc for some more tests. Prayers are certainly appreciated at this time***

1 comment:

  1. Gall bladder cancer is a rare cancer. It is rarely found among below fifty age. And it is mostly found in females then males. The reason behind this cancer is not very much clear. Person suffering from it, feels sick, fever, yellowing of skin, scratchy skin etc. If anyone feels such symptoms should immediately go to doctor because mostly this cancer is detected in last stage. For more information on it, refer Gall Bladder Cancer

    ReplyDelete